Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Camping at Maple Grove

This past weekend we went camping with my family at one of my favorite places....Maple Grove! We had a great time and Tali loved every minute of it. I can't believe how dirty she was at the end of the day. Kenya had a great time also, she took really good naps and kept her sleeping habits the same, she stayed asleep all night. We had 5 kids under the age of 3.....it was fun and a little noisy at times when they all seemed to be ready for naps! We only had to make one trip to the hospital when Hailey fell off of the top of one of the strollers and cut open her head. She will be fine, she is just going to have a nice little scar right in the middle of her forehead. One night while Grandpa was pushing Tali in the buggy for a little walk he came across a rattlesnake. He came back to camp for a shovel and ended up killing the snake. Mark went back with a few others and they skinned the snake and then cooked it and ate it....I know it doesn't sound to appealing. I didn't eat any but those that did say it was soooo good. The fishing was fun, we were able to cook some fish one night for dinner. As the trip was coming to an end I was wishing we could stay longer, but once we got home I was so glad I could take a nice HOT shower. We can't wait for next years camping trip!!
Dad & Mom holding Tali

Hailey and Tali getting ready for their bath....look at those dirty faces!

Tali & Hailey enjoying some hot chocolate

Sadie, Aunty Kristi, Uncle Shane, & Taylor

Tali & Mom

Tali

Kenya after a long day!

Kenya in the Jumper

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That looks so fun! I love camping. We have gone a few times this year and I know Jer wants to go more. It is so nice to just get away from everything!

Marcae said...

You guys are always doing such fun things. I have many fond memories of camping up at Maple Grove. We had good intentions of going camping this summer, but I don't think it's going to happen :(