Friday, January 8, 2010

My Dearest Aunt Connie

My dearest Aunt Connie passed away on December 17th. She was my dad's younger sister. She died at the young age of 55. I have really struggled with trying to decide to blog about this or not, but I think writing out my feelings will help me heal and also give me something to look back and read to remember. My mom called me Wednesday, December 16th at work and asked me to go over and check on my Aunt Connie, since no one had been able to get a hold of her all day. After work I ran home and picked up Mark and the girls and we went to visit Aunt Connie. I was not expecting to find what I did. She was completely unresponsive, but breathing. I immediately called 911. I went to the hospital with her and waited for her daughter to get there. Her condition continued to decrease and she passed away in the early morning of the 17th. I am so sad that she had to leave this earth, but I know she is in a much better place. I am sure she had a delightful reunion with her parents! Aunt Connie was such a sweet and giving lady. My dad was here with me the next day, thank goodness! I was so sick, I couldn't stop throwing up, I couldn't sleep, every time I would close my eyes I would see my aunt just the way I found her. I was given a blessing by my dad and Mark and was finally able to get some sleep. We had the funeral services on Monday, December 21st in SLC and then the burial later that day in Holden. The services were really nice and it was a special tribute to a great lady. We will miss you Aunt Connie!
Here are some pictures from the funeral dinner in Holden after the burial services.

5 comments:

Sinai said...

It's always tough to lose a loved one...even tougher when you remember your last memory with that person...especially in your case. It's good that you chose to blog about it, writing does help! Love ya Stacy!

IONGI FAMILY said...

Sorry to hear that, thank goodness for the plan of salvation, like Sinai I agree with writing it does help!!!

Evette Mendisabal said...

I'm so sorry you had such a terrible experience Stacy. I agree with the thought that writing does help with the closure of such an experience. I too am greatful for the plan of salvation and the knowledge we have as members of the LDS church. I imagine she was comforted with you being there with her ... even though she might not have known it at the time. God bless!

Fritzsche's said...

Stac-
I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how hard that would have been showing up there and seeing that. I hope you have been able to work through those feelings. I've never had to do that but I'm sure it was scary. Hope your holidays were good and all is well with you and your cute family. Say hello to Mark.

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

So sorry to hear about your loss....it's always difficult to lose a loved one, but at least we have the gospel knowledge that we do that we'll be together again and that she's in a better place like you said! I'm glad you decided to write about it....and hopefully it will help ease your pain of the last moments with her!